Sunday, April 16, 2017

with determination and lots of sacrifices - N

                                                                                                 Attribution: Unknown
Image: Healthy food (here)

N for Nicely Trimmed in the Quest to be Healthy

 the proof of the pudding (is in the eating)
often heard, that one is lulled into thinking
it'll work by itself for the truth
not really having to wait to give it a push

but it has a lot to do with avoiding the  'vices'
with determination and lots of sacrifices
broken promise to oneself every so often
as with the revised yearly resolution

should not have to  bother
and go no further
just eat less  pick and choose and no dieting
enjoy life's offerings grow cuter and continue eating

A to Z Challenge  -  N
Mary's at PU's Poetry Pantry #349

18 comments:

  1. By opting for the smaller portions as you advise, I've managed to keep myself in OK shape. But I have to indulge sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only it were that easy! But "N" for "nicely"--yes. Another saying is "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

    ReplyDelete
  3. With tenacity many things are possible.Well written verse for letter "N".

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It can be hard to not to fall into extremes. Nice work here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is a diet I can get behind. Smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a good approach to healthy living - though one does have to spurge, occasionally, as I did last night ... when our family celebrated Easter a day early because of schedules. Moms and Dads have to sample everyone's contribution to the festive table. (I think there's a law about that ~ smiles ~)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eat to live and don't live to eat, can sure help any diets be beat

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's my goal - smaller portions and a focus on "enough."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just eating less...and picking and choosing what one really likes....that is an admirable goal and should be possible for everyone really.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clever comparison - live and eating (food).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Picking the right food is essential. Even in dieting, as long as you enjoy what you are eating, you will be more than fine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I should like to just enjoy life's offerings and grow cuter. Now THAT'S a plan!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Prevention better than cure...how true! Better say no to excessive compulsive eating than toiling in the gym.
    Liked the post for its subtle message.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Anagha From Team MocktailMommies
    Collage Of Life

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sure you're absolutely right, and I'm going to start immediately after Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the idea of trimming down on portion sizes...right, I'm going start straightaway after I finish this second helping of dessert

    ReplyDelete
  16. Eating fresh fruit and vegetables is so important but you can always sneak a bar or two when the grown ups aren't looking,..... what am I saying I am a grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Continue eating, 'cause when you don't, it's all over, my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete