Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Oblivious of contending looks

                                                                                          Attribution: SandyCole 
Image: Elegance of the Wild (here)

the 3WW given words:
oblivious
misogynist (woman-hater sexist)
neophyte (novice beginner, learner)

Poets United
unity

Oblivious of contending looks
Attesting to curiosity of his intentions
He was not entirely affected
Neither was he bothered

He had taken a stand
So he had decided
He was not about to back-track
Nor was he keen on an about-turn

Me, a misogynist?
No, I admire women
I long for their presence
their upkeep and frailty
their sweet caresses and humor
not a neophyte though but
matured enough

Sweet banter of light moments
What I wouldn't give for resurgence
of innocence of youth

Yes, unity in thinking
and succulent exchange of ideas
The elegance that both enjoy!
Never a dull moment
Astound me, yes!

Thomg's 3WW week #515
Susan's at PU's Mid-week Motif   -  unity

8 comments:

  1. I am smiling. I love the tone in this poem.......especially the energy at the end. That is one cool looking swan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got me smiling, too. Right when I was about to harangue you for a stereotypical view of women, you caught me up in dreams of youth and innocence. Very good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best things are worth waiting for

    ReplyDelete
  4. An absolutely exquisite write, Hank!💜

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Never a dull moment" see?...the swan steals my heart too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that was delightful to read this morning before going to work...thank you! Cheryl-Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. A little banter sure can go a long way.

    ReplyDelete