Monday, October 12, 2015

Individual or shared placentas

                                                                                             Attribution: Hawken King
Image: Twins - inseparable even though separate beings (here)

Note: Twins can have individual or shared placentas,  A single egg/sperm combination that splits after conception will have an impact.If  it happens within a few days, they will implant separately in the uterus and will develop separate placentas.However, if the split is delayed the embryos will develop with a single, shared placenta  -  Wiki

MLMM given words:
written placenta twitch
melancholy (depression of spirits,a pensive mood)
anemic (lacking force, vitality, or spirit)
ravine assist
laotang (a relationship within Chinese culture that bonded two girls together)
katydid (grasshoppers with an organ on the forewings of the males that produce a loud shrill sound)
lychee (a Chinese fruit)
nocturnal
vacillate (to waver in mind or opinion, be indecisive)

Already written in the stars
Twins were a blessed breed
They could have shared one placenta
Which explained their shared spirits

A twitch in one felt by the other easily
Melancholy mood and anemic emotions
Would rub on both simultaneously
Even separated by ravines or long distance

They could feel the pull of strong laotang
Not possible in other siblings even with same DNA
Absence of similar cries of a katydid sound organ
Would not deter twins to assist without delay

Akin to a lychee sweet and succulent
In nocturnal hours or day-time digestion
Twins savored sweetness of interaction
Not having to vacillate on a unique existence

For Yves' hosting at MLMM's Wordle #82 and
Marian's The Tuesday Platform at Real Toads

13 comments:

  1. Interesting... the lychee caught me off guard here and added some sweetness :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sure are in sync way more than just other siblings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twins can be seperated yet still have the same likes, strange

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very commanding to put so many unrelated words together. I'm not a twin but my mother used to dress me in blue and my sister in red.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great topic and wonderful to read Hank.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hm... I think the Blogger goblins ate my comment. Well, here it goes again... just in case.

    I said that I loved how informative this poem is. It's like a bit of a textbook... in poetry. Also, I really like the last two lines. The kind of connections illustrated by those lines are the soil where stories thrive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That last verse is surprising, luv it Hank

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the thought of the connectedness of twins

    ReplyDelete
  9. A brilliant weaving of words and ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I admit twins have always fascinated me I think because I have no siblings and am eccentric and a bit odd looking so I have always felt alone. When I was in high school there was a girl in my class with an identical twin (I did not know this at the time of the incident). They had the same haircut and so were visually very similar. For April Fool's they switched places. So they went to each other's classes. I remember turning around to the impostor twin and saying. I have a weird question but are you, you? Because you do not seem like you. It was this sense of uncanny valley. She was quite surprised because they had been doing this every year (they were seniors) and no one had figured it out. I love how you related laotang and twins because I believe they can share a very special bond unlike any other.

    mindlovemisery

    ReplyDelete
  11. Their souls are connected always.......................

    ReplyDelete